The Village of Hartland Police Department will be sponsoring a Citizens Police Academy in cooperation with the City of Delafield, Village of Chenequa, and Village of Pewaukee Police Departments along with Lake Country Fire/EMS Department. We invite you to apply and join us in learning about the local police departments and fire department.
This is for citizens or those who work in this area who would like to learn about what the local police departments do. There are no physical requirements. The Citizens Academy is provided as a means to reach out to our community and educate the public about the law enforcement profession. There is no cost to attend the academy. Attendees must be at least 18 years old, have no criminal record, and a valid driver’s license (if you want to drive the cars during the one week).
This 9-week course is scheduled for March 11, 2020 through May 6, 2020.
We will meet every Wednesday night at 6:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
The various topics to be covered during the academy sessions will include:
- Enforcement related to Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated (OAWI)
- Identity Theft/Computer Crimes/Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC)
- Use of Force
- Major Investigations Unit (MIU)
- Emergency Vehicle Operation/Traffic Stops
- Waukesha County Communication Center operations
- Suburban Critical Incident Team (SCIT)and several other areas as they relate to the operations of your local law enforcement agency.
- Fire and EMS response
- and other topics as they relate to the operations of local first responders
Any citizens interested in attending can click on the application link below and fill out the application, then either turn it in to the involved police departments or email it to Lt. Nyren at Delafield Police Department at email@example.com
If you have any questions please call 262-367-2323 x204 or email Captain Stacy Kelsey
Hartland Police Department
210 Cottonwood Ave. Hartland, WI 53029
You may fill out the forms and send it in the mail, email, or drop it off at one of the involved police departments.