The Hartland Public Library is hiring a full time Engagement Librarian. This newly created position will collaborate with others to identify community needs, create innovative programming and outreach events, and work to fully engage the community. Qualified candidates will present a positive Library image to the community, attend continuing education meetings and classes, and have a passion for Libraries. In addition, this position includes reference work, basic cataloging, as well as some programming. We are looking for a dynamic librarian to help with marketing, programming, and community minded service.
This position requires a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited college or university and 2 years+ of customer service experience. Full time hours include nights and weekends.
Physical demands of the Position:
- Sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, bend, twist and reach
- Have far vision at 20 feet or further, have near vision at 20 inches or less
- Lift and carry 50 pounds or less
- Handle processing, picking up and shelving books
- Push and pull objects weighing up to 70 pounds on wheels
- Travel to meetings outside the library; provide own transportation with mileage reimbursement
The Village of Hartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Village will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Position includes competitive pay and a generous benefits package.
Resume, Village application, and Salary requirements due July 5 2020 to:
Director, Hartland Public Library