Hartland Library Page Positions
Two positions available at the Hartland Public Library for responsible individuals to shelve books and perform other duties as assigned. Ten hours per week, library experience preferred. $7.58 per hour. Application is available on the right side of this page and job description is located below, or apply in person by 5:00 pm, August 17th 2018.
Laura Gest, Library Director
Hartland Public Library
110. E. Park Ave.
Hartland, WI 53029
Village of Hartland
Position: Library Page
Department : Library
Reports to: Circulation Supervisor
Pay Grade: Seasonal
Date: July 2018
Qualifications: High School diploma not required; must be 14 years of age and able to obtain a work permit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shelves library materials and performs other tasks to keep the collection in order.
- Uses computer hardware and software to access information.
- Assists patrons with routine location questions referring patrons to other staff members as needed and instructs patrons in the use of library equipment.
- Performs various housekeeping tasks such as dusting shelves, straightening library appearance and other duties as assigned.
- Place new periodicals in display racks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of library terminology; procedures and equipment; simple mathematics and English.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members and the public.
- Ability to lift and carry library materials; push and pull book carts; stoop and reach; stand for extensive periods of time.
- Ability to sort and file alphabetically and numerically.
- Express a positive attitude towards public service work.
- May be assigned to work nights or weekends.