A Haunting on Park Ave Reading Program
A Haunting on Park Avenue: a Hartland Public Library Adult October Reading and Activity Program has several main goals this fall: to read as many spooky novels and short story collections as possible, to get family or friends together to watch frightfully delightful movies, to try new and classic autumn-themed activities, and to travel and support local businesses and attractions around Hartland, Waukesha County, and Wisconsin at large!
We have divided the activities into six main categories:
- Autumn Adventures: Drive, eat, drink, and spook yourself through many different fall-themed activities throughout the local area and elsewhere in Wisconsin.
- Ghoulish Recipes: You bring the ingredients, we have the recipes for some spooky good food and drink.
- Toil & Trouble- Halloween Crafts: For those who like to be creative this time of year, we have many different crafts to try (instructions included, craft materials not).
- The Haunting of Park Avenue: Scare yourself witless at several different haunted houses throughout the local area and elsewhere.
- A Nightmare on Park Avenue: Grab a candy apple or bowl of cheese popcorn, settle in, and put on a scary movie.
- Graveyard of Dreams- Reading Horror, Old and New: Immerse yourself in the reading of horror classics from yesteryear and today.
More directions about each activity can be found on the ensuing pages. You can complete one, several, or all of the activities. After each activity is completed, you will receive 5 raffle tickets that can be used for one of several grand prize drawings at the end of the program. All activities also have additional tasks past the initial completion requirements, allowing you to get even more tickets for the grand prize drawings. The grand prize baskets used in the drawings can be found on our Beanstack or across from the Reference Desk in person. Besides for this paper booklet, all information, including links to every item listed below, can be found on our Beanstack at hartlandlibrary.beanstack.com.
If you are not comfortable using Beanstack, fear not--our staff at the Reference Desk can assist you in filling out a paper version of the needed information. For any related questions, comments, or concerns, please see the Reference Desk staff, give us a call at (262) 367-3350, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or head over to our Beanstack website at hartlandlibrary.beanstack.com.